Deeply anchored in Africa, Indonesia and the Americas, this exceptionally smooth blend offers a lifeline to rich, sweet, cocoa
We spent many months creating this blend, and consulted numerous espresso gurus to help us. The result is an espresso blend now served in coffee shops across the nation. This blend is intended especially for espresso, and offers an evenly colored crema, moderate acidity, and a smooth
There’s nothing better than being able to brew delicious cups of coffee at home. If you’re in the market for a new coffee maker, you may be wondering if you should stick to the basics or invest in an espresso machine. There are advantages to both machines and really, the decision should be made based on what you drink most: Coffee or specialty drinks. Let’s review the advantages so that you can make the best decision for your coffee drinking style.
A standard coffee maker is ideal for people that like to drink coffee and not much else. These machines have come a long way in recent years, with options to brew one cup or 12 and including handy timers and digital control panels. With the pause ‘n serve feature, you can pour yourself a cup of coffee mid-cycle, and the new pod coffee machines allow you to brew different flavors in single servings.
Espresso makers are more elite than coffee makers, with options to make espressos, cappuccinos or lattes, as well as drip coffee. Since a specialty cup of coffee can cost as much as $5, you save a lot of money just by having this machine in the home. You can experiment all you want with different beverages and have a reason to entertain. Espresso machines offer a range of fun features such as frothers, thermostats and chambers that mix milk and steam.
There are several advantages to choosing a simple coffee maker. Coffee makers are more economically priced and simpler to use, so you’re not overburdened with features you’ll never use. And if you choose to purchase a standard coffee maker that focuses on brewing great coffee instead of features, there’s less to break. Coffee makers are also cheaper and easier to maintain, and they are smaller in size, being ideal for compact spaces. Coffee makers also focus on programmable features, whereas espresso machines need a bit more involvement from the brewer.
If you enjoy drinking specialty coffee drinks, you’ll get the most use out of an espresso machine. These machines are a great choice, as they allow you to brew your standard coffee drinks, as well as make the creamy lattes and cappuccinos that you love. While the machines do cost more, you save on not having to buy coffee drinks, and you can experiment with different flavors, temperatures and frothy blends. These machines are larger however, so make sure you have the space on your countertop.
The bottom line: If you enjoy drinking coffee only, stick to the affordable, hassle-free coffee maker. Otherwise, extend the boundaries and go for a fun espresso machine where the possibilities are endless.
Don’t think you need to head to the local coffee shop for a delicious cup of espresso. With the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless, you can brew up espressos, cappuccinos and lattes from the convenience of your home. With an array of practical features, you can achieve the perfect cup of coffee for you and friends, while having fun with a beautifully designed machine. Taking convenient pods or ground coffee, the possibilities are endless.
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker Specifications:
Product Dimensions: 11 x 9.1 x 11.6 inches
Espresso Type: Ground espresso or Easy Serving Espresso pods
Features: Two separate thermostats, 15 bar pump pressure, dual function filter holder, frother, self-priming operation
What’s So Great About the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker?
Attractive: Today’s appliances are designed to be stylish and enhance the look of the kitchen, and this DeLonghi espresso maker is no exception. It’s designed from stainless steel instead of plastic and has a streamlined design that allows it to fit compactly on the counter. The stainless steel looks especially great next to steel appliances and keeps consistent with the high-end appearance of espresso machines.
Design: This espresso maker has a great no-drip design that focuses on making quality espressos, while keeping comfort in mind. While other espresso machines lack space between the bottom of the filter and the base, this machine leaves plenty of clearance. This is a great feature if you like to drink espresso out of a larger mug. The DeLonghi EC702 is easy to keep clean as well, with a pop-out drain rack and drip tray.
Features: This DeLonghi espresso maker is a step above others, as it offers a variety of practical features that make brewing espressos fun and enjoyable. The self-priming option allows you to pre-set the machine and skip over the start-up preparation, while the large removable drip tray is perfect for quick clean ups. You can also enjoy a warming tray, 44-ounce water tank with water-level indicator and on/off switches.
Brewing Options: You can use ground espresso or Easy Serving Espresso (E.S.E.) pods to make your espresso drinks. There are two separate thermostats so that you can reach the perfect temperature by controlling both water and steam pressure. There are also fun gadgets that help make the perfect espresso just the way you like it. A patented cappuccino frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich and creamy froth, while the 15 bar pump and stainless steel broiler are perfect for creating delicious espresso drinks.
What’s Not So Great About the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker?
Preparation: Don’t think you’ll be able to start up your espresso machine and start making drinks right away. It’s recommended that you run water through the machine a few times, but know that you’ll make about five to six cups of espresso that probably won’t taste that great. Machines essentially have to be “broken in” in order to reduce the metallic taste that you’ll see in the first few cups. Not only will you have to dump a few espressos, but you’ll want to use cheaper grounds that won’t be so disheartening to waste.
Noisy: If you’re an early riser and don’t want to disturb anyone when making an espresso, this machine may not help your cause. It’s certainly loud, but only for about 30 to 40 seconds while the coffee is being produced. Noise is a common gripe in regards to pump machines, so you may not find another pump machine that is any quieter than this DeLonghi.
Tamper: The DeLonghi EC702 comes with a built-in tamper, although a separate metal tamper may work better. Since the machine is not that heavy, you’ll have to hold it down when you use the tamper. The device also works by pushing upwards, whereas most tampers work when you push them down. If you don’t like the tamper, you can purchase a separate one, otherwise you can find the sweet spot to using this built-in gadget.
Is the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker a Great Purchase?
The DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker is an excellent purchase for the espresso lover. The machine comes at a great price and is jam-packed with features such as a convenient cup warmer and steam wand. The machine is also super easy to keep clean and has great clearance for large or standard espresso cups. You can’t beat the options you have with this machine and how much you’ll save from buying espressos, cappuccinos and lattes from the local coffee shop. Best of all, the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless is fast, so you’ll never have to wait more than a few minutes for a fresh cup of espresso.
This espresso blend is the darkest that we offer. A custom blend of coffee beans roasted until black and oily. This is what espresso is all about: a heavy, hearty, and bittersweet
The whole beans version of Tierra is an excellent, 100% Arabica product made using the washed, green coffee, grown at medium to high-altitudes and checked at every stage of production. It yields a creamy, medium-body espresso characterized by aromatic notes and a floral
De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Are you in the market for a new espresso and cappuccino maker? Or maybe you want to learn how to start making your own espresso. The De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is definitely worth taking a look at. With this professional grade espresso maker you can make your own delicious espresso or cappuccino the way you want it. Plus you can finally say goodbye to spending hundreds of dollars each month at your local coffee shop.
De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Product Features
The De’Longhi espresso and cappuccino was designed in Italy and has two thermostats for different controls for the steam and water pressure. These two features are vital for preparing two different forms of coffee such as espresso and cappuccino. Though both are different in taste, they are both evenly scrumptious when done with De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker.
- This espresso machine has a pump driven system, which means it is able to extract a better espresso flavor than a steam pump system. The pump driven system helps to create that rich crema you see on the top of a really good cup of espresso.
- It also features a sturdy double stainless steel broiler.
- Patented filter holder (double in size).
- It comes with a self priming operator that helps you save time.
- It features an adjustable jet frother and stream wand. Both are easy to use. These two give the perfect creamy froth for the ultimate espresso experience.
- The beans used could be from ground espresso or coffee pods.
- Its water tank has a maximum capacity of more or less 35 ounces, which is equivalent to 4 and a half cups of water.
- The drip tray and the water tank are both removable for easy filling and clean up. Cleaning is as simple as removing the tank and tray, washing under the sink then finally putting it back in its place.
- The machine also has a dual function filter holder which allows you to use business standard easy serve espresso coffee pods or ground espresso of your choice. This is a De’Longhi patented feature, making you get more than what you paid for.
- It weighs 9 pounds, and measures 11.2 by 9.5 by 7.5 inches.
- You can make espresso quickly by using pods or ground espresso with this machine.
- The filter adds air into the brewing process to create the ideal crema.
- You could use the built-in swivel jet frother whenever you prefer to make a cup of cappuccino, which makes it very convenient for a machine priced less than $150.
- It looks clean and stylish and at the same is small enough that it doesn’t take up too much countertop space.
- It is very easy to clean.
- You could make up to 8 to 10 cups of espresso without needing to refill the water tank over and over again thanks to the huge water tank. Also, you could monitor the water level through a clear section behind the tank.
- Heat up time is around one minute and the steam wand froths milk in no time.
- It has no cup warming plate, no timer and the cup size is not programmable.
- There is a little amount of space from the frothing wand and the counter top. It is recommended that you buy a frothing cup that fits in the small space provided.
- Also, you are required to use a small espresso cup since the distance from the grounds basket to the tray is around 2.5 inches.
What Other Users Say
Many users find De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker makes great espressos and cappuccinos. Customers rave about its ability to consistently make a thick crema. It easily froths milk with its strong stream wand. Users are pleased to note that this machine is durable as it has continued making espressos month after month. The filter is easy to clean as well as the machine itself.
Not everything is perfect about this machine. Some users didn’t like how long it took to preheat. Other users complained of leaks. Some customers had units that broke down after a certain amount of time.
However, overall there were more satisfied reviewers than unsatisfied reviewers.
All in all, the De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is a good choice for those just learning how to make espresso or cappuccino. It is a powerful pump driven machine that is easy to use. It creates a rich creama that espresso lovers enjoy so much. It also has an adjustable swivel frother that makes the best cappuccinos. The self priming feature saves you time in preparation. The best part about the De’Longhi EC155 machine is that you can purchase for under $100 online at Amazon.com. Plus it is eligible for free shipping too.
Our most popular coffee! This coffee features a blend of Italian roasted beans that are very oily and black in color. It is very heavy and rich in flavor, ideal for an Espresso or even as an Iced
Nespresso C100T Essenza Single-Serve Automatic Espresso Machine
If you’re looking for an espresso machine just a little above $200 dollars then you can’t go wrong the Nespresso C100T Essenza Single-Serve Automatic Espresso Machine. Though it is slightly similar to the previous Nespresso machines, its new features make it very unique compared to others similar espresso machines. Read on to learn more about this single serve espresso machine.
Nespresso C100T Essenza Single-Serve Automatic Espresso Machine Product Features
- A 1200-watt single serve automatic machine which utilizes an exceptional coffee capsule method. A great single serve unit for when you need a quick shot of espresso.
- It also possesses the classic Nespresso 19-bar pump, which is integrated on the machine for a fuller essence and a better coffee texture.
- There is also a ThermoBlock heating system, which functions as an electronic temperature regulator as it heats up water to its most favorable point then automatically drains the remaining unused water. In this way, it allows you to use fresh clean water the next time you want to make an espresso.
- It has a dense ABS housing with a backlit control button and a detachable 34-ounce water tank, equivalent to 4 and a half cups of water, for a more convenient use.
- There are 12 capsules included when you purchased the machine since it only uses capsules and not your usual ground coffee. These capsules eject by a semi-manual method into a collection container.
- The espresso machine weighs 9 pounds, measures 10 inches in height, 6.5 inches in width and 11.5 in depth.
Pros and New Features
Since the Nespresso machines are somewhat similar, the new features of the C100T model includes the capability to program an espresso and lungo sized coffee by pressing the two small buttons situated at the front of the machine. Unlike the other Nespresso machines, the switch is transferred from the front to a new location near the right side of the machine.
Having the switch moved to the right side gives the user the option to use the brew buttons to start and stop the process. It is more difficult to press the brew buttons in the previous machine models since they are near the switch. Now, you can worry less and not panic if the coffee starts to overflow from the cup.
What else is great about this espresso machine? It’s programmable and very easy to use. All you have to do is put in a capsule, drag the level down, and hold the button for programming as a minimum of 3 seconds and you’re good to go. You just made a great tasting cup of espresso. If you want to experiment with other methods you can always reset the program. Just shut down the machine and hold the big cup button for a while and then turn the machine on again.
As stated earlier, the machine uses capsules rather than ground espresso. No need to worry about the capsules since they can be purchased without trouble online or from the market. Dozens Nespresso flavored coffee capsules are offered throughout the year.
Another obvious advantage of this espresso machine over others is its sleek and slim body design. Most espresso machines take up a lot of space in your kitchen but with the Nespresso C100T you don’t have to worry about that. It is small and well designed so it will look great in any kitchen.
It is very easy to use that even your guests can make their own espresso at your next house gathering.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
Though there are a lot of great things about this espresso machine no product is perfect. Here are a few things not so perfect about this machine:
- It has no built-in tamper.
- It also doesn’t come with a built-in grinder, steam wand and a cup warming plate.
- It tends to be a little loud when making the cup of espresso.
- The capsules or pods are somewhat costly and must be ordered in a minimum of 50 pieces. To some users they do not contain the best tasting espresso.
Most users find that the Nespresso C100T Essenza Single-Serve Automatic Espresso Machine makes an excellent cup of espresso. There is virtually no mess to clean up with the Nespresso. Also, some say that it is convenient to use at home and at the office. There is no doubt that it is a very user friendly, hassle free espresso machine.
The Nespresso C100T Essenza Single-Serve Automatic Espresso Machine is a great option for those who would like a push button solution to making a great cup of espresso. It is easy to use and easy to clean. It might be a little pricier than other espresso machines but you pay for the convenience. Plus compared to how much you could spend at your local coffee shop you’re actually getting a good deal. The Nespresso C100T is available online at Amazon.com.
Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine
There is nothing like a good cup of espresso to get you moving in the morning. The only problem is that it can cost a lot of money to buy one each morning at your local coffee shop. With the Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, you could make your own espresso for a lot less. Many espresso machines are hundreds of dollars, but not Mr. Coffee ECM160. This 4 cup machine is affordable and will make a great tasting espresso or cappuccino.
- It has a detachable frothing aid and a great milk frother, which are capable of making perfect steamy milk froths.
- It also includes a decanter with visible measuring marks and an easy grip handle. Use it to pour coffee gracefully together with its drip-free sprout.
- The machine allows the user to brew four cups of flavorful and aromatic espresso, cappuccino and latte. You can even brew one cup at a time if necessary.
- The espresso machine comes with a cup warmer and a measuring scoop for an easier espresso making experience.
- The drip tray is removable for easier cleaning process.
This machine also comes with a storage compartment for the cord, which is great for keeping your countertop clean and neat looking. You can also easily identify if you accidentally left the espresso machine’s power on by its on/off indicator lights. It utilizes steam with water tank capacity of 20 ounces, which is equivalent to 4 cups, and a steam wand is also included in with it. It is very light and small with a weight of 5.4 pounds, and dimensions of 8 inches by 6.5 inches by 10.5 inches.
- The espresso machine is exceptionally easy to use
- It makes excellent espressos in a short time
- Is quieter than other espresso machines
- Easy to operate and comes with an instruction manual
- It occupies a little amount of space in your kitchen counter and could also be moved around anytime you wanted due to its light weight.
- Espresso machines generated by steam like this one are less prone to malfunction than pump driven units
- Can handle any type of ground espresso
- Powerful an convenient milk frother
- Very affordable
- It has no timer
- It does not come with a frothing pitcher
- It does not have a built in grinder
- It does not come with a removable tank
- There is no espresso pod adapter
- It is made mostly out of plastic
What Other Users Say
The Mr. Coffee ECM160 Steam Espresso Machine is one of the best selling espresso machines on Amazon with over 250 reviews. Users love how quiet the machine is. They also love how small it is and that it doesn’t take up a lot of space on the countertop. The frother is strong and makes great lattes.
Some users complained about things that were easily explained or fixed by simply reading the instruction manual. There are also times when excess water builds up on the tank. Simply do an empty cycle every now and then to remove excess water.
One user’s only complaint was that the steamer is attached to the left side so it is hard to steam milk. The steamer wand is too short as well. To compensate for the length you can tilt the pitcher. It can be hard to tilt the pitcher but with some practice it can be done.
For some, the removable frothing aid doesn’t help the frothing process at all.
If you like a lot of coffee froth you may want to go with the Mr. Coffee ECMP50 because it is a pump driven espresso machine and not a steam driven espresso machine like the Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine.
Some users suggest buying a coffee tamper in order to compress the grounds. This will make a better tasting espresso.
Overall, the Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine does what it is advertised to do. It is a great espresso machine for the price. It has a simple design and it is easy to use. It is really quiet when frothing. The frother is powerful and the tip is removable. It is small so it will not take up a lot of countertop space. The machine is also easy to clean up. This is the perfect machine someone who is new to making espressos or cappuccinos.
If you want to stop throwing your money away at the local Starbucks then this machine is for you. You can purchase the Mr. Coffee ECM160 online at Amazon.com and save up to 20% off the retail price. Plus you can take advantage of free shipping through Amazon’s Super Saver Shipping program.