Don’t think you need to head to the local coffee shop for a delicious cup of espresso. With the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless, you can brew up espressos, cappuccinos and lattes from the convenience of your home. With an array of practical features, you can achieve the perfect cup of coffee for you and friends, while having fun with a beautifully designed machine. Taking convenient pods or ground coffee, the possibilities are endless.
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker Specifications:
Product Dimensions: 11 x 9.1 x 11.6 inches
Espresso Type: Ground espresso or Easy Serving Espresso pods
Features: Two separate thermostats, 15 bar pump pressure, dual function filter holder, frother, self-priming operation
What’s So Great About the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker?
Attractive: Today’s appliances are designed to be stylish and enhance the look of the kitchen, and this DeLonghi espresso maker is no exception. It’s designed from stainless steel instead of plastic and has a streamlined design that allows it to fit compactly on the counter. The stainless steel looks especially great next to steel appliances and keeps consistent with the high-end appearance of espresso machines.
Design: This espresso maker has a great no-drip design that focuses on making quality espressos, while keeping comfort in mind. While other espresso machines lack space between the bottom of the filter and the base, this machine leaves plenty of clearance. This is a great feature if you like to drink espresso out of a larger mug. The DeLonghi EC702 is easy to keep clean as well, with a pop-out drain rack and drip tray.
Features: This DeLonghi espresso maker is a step above others, as it offers a variety of practical features that make brewing espressos fun and enjoyable. The self-priming option allows you to pre-set the machine and skip over the start-up preparation, while the large removable drip tray is perfect for quick clean ups. You can also enjoy a warming tray, 44-ounce water tank with water-level indicator and on/off switches.
Brewing Options: You can use ground espresso or Easy Serving Espresso (E.S.E.) pods to make your espresso drinks. There are two separate thermostats so that you can reach the perfect temperature by controlling both water and steam pressure. There are also fun gadgets that help make the perfect espresso just the way you like it. A patented cappuccino frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich and creamy froth, while the 15 bar pump and stainless steel broiler are perfect for creating delicious espresso drinks.
What’s Not So Great About the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker?
Preparation: Don’t think you’ll be able to start up your espresso machine and start making drinks right away. It’s recommended that you run water through the machine a few times, but know that you’ll make about five to six cups of espresso that probably won’t taste that great. Machines essentially have to be “broken in” in order to reduce the metallic taste that you’ll see in the first few cups. Not only will you have to dump a few espressos, but you’ll want to use cheaper grounds that won’t be so disheartening to waste.
Noisy: If you’re an early riser and don’t want to disturb anyone when making an espresso, this machine may not help your cause. It’s certainly loud, but only for about 30 to 40 seconds while the coffee is being produced. Noise is a common gripe in regards to pump machines, so you may not find another pump machine that is any quieter than this DeLonghi.
Tamper: The DeLonghi EC702 comes with a built-in tamper, although a separate metal tamper may work better. Since the machine is not that heavy, you’ll have to hold it down when you use the tamper. The device also works by pushing upwards, whereas most tampers work when you push them down. If you don’t like the tamper, you can purchase a separate one, otherwise you can find the sweet spot to using this built-in gadget.
Is the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker a Great Purchase?
The DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker is an excellent purchase for the espresso lover. The machine comes at a great price and is jam-packed with features such as a convenient cup warmer and steam wand. The machine is also super easy to keep clean and has great clearance for large or standard espresso cups. You can’t beat the options you have with this machine and how much you’ll save from buying espressos, cappuccinos and lattes from the local coffee shop. Best of all, the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless is fast, so you’ll never have to wait more than a few minutes for a fresh cup of espresso.
De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Are you in the market for a new espresso and cappuccino maker? Or maybe you want to learn how to start making your own espresso. The De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is definitely worth taking a look at. With this professional grade espresso maker you can make your own delicious espresso or cappuccino the way you want it. Plus you can finally say goodbye to spending hundreds of dollars each month at your local coffee shop.
De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Product Features
The De’Longhi espresso and cappuccino was designed in Italy and has two thermostats for different controls for the steam and water pressure. These two features are vital for preparing two different forms of coffee such as espresso and cappuccino. Though both are different in taste, they are both evenly scrumptious when done with De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker.
- This espresso machine has a pump driven system, which means it is able to extract a better espresso flavor than a steam pump system. The pump driven system helps to create that rich crema you see on the top of a really good cup of espresso.
- It also features a sturdy double stainless steel broiler.
- Patented filter holder (double in size).
- It comes with a self priming operator that helps you save time.
- It features an adjustable jet frother and stream wand. Both are easy to use. These two give the perfect creamy froth for the ultimate espresso experience.
- The beans used could be from ground espresso or coffee pods.
- Its water tank has a maximum capacity of more or less 35 ounces, which is equivalent to 4 and a half cups of water.
- The drip tray and the water tank are both removable for easy filling and clean up. Cleaning is as simple as removing the tank and tray, washing under the sink then finally putting it back in its place.
- The machine also has a dual function filter holder which allows you to use business standard easy serve espresso coffee pods or ground espresso of your choice. This is a De’Longhi patented feature, making you get more than what you paid for.
- It weighs 9 pounds, and measures 11.2 by 9.5 by 7.5 inches.
- You can make espresso quickly by using pods or ground espresso with this machine.
- The filter adds air into the brewing process to create the ideal crema.
- You could use the built-in swivel jet frother whenever you prefer to make a cup of cappuccino, which makes it very convenient for a machine priced less than $150.
- It looks clean and stylish and at the same is small enough that it doesn’t take up too much countertop space.
- It is very easy to clean.
- You could make up to 8 to 10 cups of espresso without needing to refill the water tank over and over again thanks to the huge water tank. Also, you could monitor the water level through a clear section behind the tank.
- Heat up time is around one minute and the steam wand froths milk in no time.
- It has no cup warming plate, no timer and the cup size is not programmable.
- There is a little amount of space from the frothing wand and the counter top. It is recommended that you buy a frothing cup that fits in the small space provided.
- Also, you are required to use a small espresso cup since the distance from the grounds basket to the tray is around 2.5 inches.
What Other Users Say
Many users find De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker makes great espressos and cappuccinos. Customers rave about its ability to consistently make a thick crema. It easily froths milk with its strong stream wand. Users are pleased to note that this machine is durable as it has continued making espressos month after month. The filter is easy to clean as well as the machine itself.
Not everything is perfect about this machine. Some users didn’t like how long it took to preheat. Other users complained of leaks. Some customers had units that broke down after a certain amount of time.
However, overall there were more satisfied reviewers than unsatisfied reviewers.
All in all, the De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is a good choice for those just learning how to make espresso or cappuccino. It is a powerful pump driven machine that is easy to use. It creates a rich creama that espresso lovers enjoy so much. It also has an adjustable swivel frother that makes the best cappuccinos. The self priming feature saves you time in preparation. The best part about the De’Longhi EC155 machine is that you can purchase for under $100 online at Amazon.com. Plus it is eligible for free shipping too.
It seems appropriate that the De’Longhi EC155 Espresso Cappuccino Maker comes from an Italian based manufacturer. Cappuccino is a delightful espresso drink which originated in Italy several centuries ago, eventually evolving into the strong, creamy beverage we enjoy today.
In the 1990s the popularity of the brew spread across the ocean to the United States where at first the drink was only available in coffee shops, Italian bistros and a few fine restaurants. Now, with the DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Cappuccino Maker you can enjoy this incredible concoction in your own home.
Espresso, also an Italian invention, is a very strong shot of coffee which is brewed using pressure to force boiling hot water over a tablespoon of fine coffee grounds. Espresso can be made from any type of coffee, so you can grind your favorite beans to get the flavor you desire when using the DeLonghi Espresso Cappuccino Maker.
The 1000 watt DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Cappuccino Maker comes with a black exterior made of durable plastic and a rust-resistant stainless steel boiler. This combination creates an attractive appliance that will grace any counter top. The 35 ounce water tank is removable for easy cleaning and filling; the warming trays are removable as well.
The unit measures 7.5 in x 9.5 in x 11.67 in, making the DeLonghi-EC155-Espresso-Cappuccino-Maker a compact machine which should fit easily under a kitchen cupboard. It is self-priming so there will be no time-consuming preparation standing between you and that invigoration shot of espresso.
The swivel jet frother used for steaming milk used in cappuccino and other espresso drinks is adjustable so you can determine the best steam level for your preferred taste. The unit also comes with a dual function filter holder so you can add two attachments. This way, there won’t be a fight over who gets the first cup.
The DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Cappuccino Maker is a great machine for beginners and comes with understandable, easy-to-follow instructions. Several recipes are included, though you can branch out to more adventurous drinks as you become comfortable with the machines and your emerging barista skills.
One word of caution for beginners; be certain your coffee beans are ground properly. If the grind is too fine, similar to powder, then the espresso will clog up and not produce the proper intensity of flavor. The grind should be a bit more granular, similar to the consistency of salt.
Pump Driven Motor
Real espresso has a frothy, caramel appearance, which can only be achieved with a pump-driven motor. The reason for this is the frothy foam on the top of the cup is created using a high level of pressure. Steam driven motors, while cheaper, can only produce 1 to 2 bars of pressure. The DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Cappuccino Maker has a high pressure 15 bar motor, something that can only be achieved with a pump.
Dual thermostats on the DeLonghi Espresso/Cappuccino Maker allow you to control the temperature of the steam and water separately. With this professional espresso maker you can make any latte or hot milk drink you desire.
- Price. This is one of the most affordable pump-driven makers.
- Pump-driven motor
- Removable water tank
- Quality of drinks
- Easy clean up
- Compact size
- Great appearance
- Frothing wand sits low to the counter
- Plastic threads on the frothing wand can strip easily
- Will not accommodate a standard coffee mug
- Ground holder size is small
- Frothing wand sits low, close to the counter requiring the use of a small milk container
What people are saying about the DeLonghi Espresso Cappuccino Maker
Satisfied customers claim that this Espresso/Cappuccino Maker is the most affordable pump-driven espresso machine on the market. It produces a high-quality drink and fits nicely on any kitchen counter. The self-priming feature is perfect for busy people with little time to fuss over making their morning coffee. The De’Longhi EC155 is versatile and can be used for cocoa and other milk drinks.
The DeLonghi Esclusivo Magnifica Super-Automatic Machine brews perfect coffee, espresso, latte, and cappuccino. The compact and patented Direct-to-Brew System with Thermo Block technology provides excellent heat distribution, and it’s removable for easy cleaning. The beans are ground instantly to ensure the freshest espresso or coffee brewed under 15 bars of pressure. Professional-quality integrated burr grinder produces consistent, fresh, and aromatic espresso or coffee. Grind settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all types of beans. The instant reheat function heats the core of the machine, ensuring that Magnifica maintains an ideal temperature for brewing. The patented cappuccino system frother includes a special chamber that
DeLonghi EC702 Esclusivo Espresso Maker is a 15 bar pump-driven machine with the patented dual function filter holder, accommodating two separate attachments – the patented Sempre Crema Filter and the ESE Filter. This espresso maker includes the adjustable patented Cappuccino System Frother, which has a special chamber that mixes steam and milk to create a rich creamy froth for the ideal beverage. With this machine is a cup storage tray, removable 1.3-liter (44oz) water tank, and large removable drip tray. The self-priming operation prepares a favorite beverage quickly and easily with no annoying start-up preparation. Other features offered is the stainless steel boiler, an on/off switch with indicator light, anti-drip design, and two separ
DeLonghi′s state-of-the-art EC5 Expresso Maker features steam processing, two-cup simultaneous capacity, patented safety cap, swivel jet frother, 8.5 ounce heat-resistant glass carafe, On/Off Switch with indicator light and a large removable drip tray for quick and easy cleanup.
- Automatic espresso/coffee machine with integrated coffee grinder
- Beans-to-brew system; 2 stainless-steel boilers; 3-hour auto shutoff
- Electronic steam and coffee thermostat; adjustable-height coffee spigots
- Heated cup tray; removable water tank and bean container for easy filling
- Measures 17 by 13 by 18 inches; 1-year limited warranty
The DeLonghi Esclusivo Magnifica Super-Automatic Machine brews perfect coffee, espresso, latte, and cappuccino. The compact and patented Direct-to-Brew System with Thermo Block technology provides excellent heat distribution, and it’s removable for easy cleaning. The beans are ground instantly to ensure the freshest espresso or coffee brewed under 15 bars of pressure. Professional-quality integrated burr grinder produces consistent, fresh, and aromatic espresso or … More >>
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- 4-cup-capacity steam-driven espresso/cappuccino machine
- Swivel jet frother produces think froth; 2-cup adapter for making 2 espressos simultaneously
- 8-1/2-ounce heat-resistant highly durable glass carafe withstands heat, ensuring optimum safety
- On/off switch with indicator light; steam-pressurized safety cap; large, removable drip tray
- Measures 11-1/4 by 11 by 8-1/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty
DeLonghi’s state-of-the-art EC5 Expresso Maker features steam processing, two-cup simultaneous capacity, patented safety cap, swivel jet frother, 8.5 ounce heat-resistant glass carafe, On/Off Switch with indicator light and a large removable drip tray for quick and easy cleanup…. More >>
DeLonghi EC5 Steam-Driven 4-Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, Black
- Retro – Pump Driven Machine – 35 ounce
- Large Space Coffee Filter & Drip Tray-allows use of coffee mugs.
- Patented Easy Serving Espresso can be used with coffee pods. With ESE filter holder, expresso has never been easier to make.
- Patented Sempre Crema Filter produces a rich, creamy froth for use with ground coffee.
- Swivel Jet Frother makes frothy milk for cappuccino, latte & other beverages.
DeLonghi is proud to present this unique and popular BAR32 Retro Pump-Driven 35 ounce Espresso Maker. Just a few of it’s features include pump driven, makes coffee in mug-size or smaller cup-sizes, brews standard or with pods. With ESE (Easy Serving Expresso) espresso making has never been easier. The Sempre Crema filter produces a rich, creamy froth and the swivel jet frother makes frothy milk for cappuccino, latte and other beverages. The easy cleaning 35 ounc… More >>
DeLonghi BAR32 Retro Pump-Driven 35 ounce Espresso Maker
- 15-bar pump-driven espresso machine with durable stainless-steel boiler
- 2 thermostats for separately controlling water and steam pressure
- Self-priming operation; accommodates E.S.E. pods and ground espresso
- Adjustable swivel jet frother; removable 35-ounce water tank; “on/off” switch
- Measures 7-1/2 by 9-1/2 by 11-1/8 inches; 1-year warranty
The DeLonghi Espresso Maker has a patented dual-function filter holder for use with ground espresso, this unique filter mixes air into the brewing process to produce a perfect crema. Distinguished by it’s caramel color, the crema is the essence of authentic espresso. The filter also accommodates E.S.E pods. This great Espresso machine offers a swivel jet frother that makes cappucccino, latte or any other frothy milk beverage with ease. The 35 ounce (1Liter) remova… More >>
DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Maker